Able to Tune Tranny on 2nd Gen ST Yet?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Has SCT made ANY progress on being able to tune the 2nd Gen AWD tranny? This thing shifts like its retarded and someone needs to do something about it!

They are officially working on it now....I talked with the SCT Rep at teh NMRA opener in Bradenton, fl a few weekends ago.

Ford just released a statement that the 6spd Auto tranny will be in all the newer F150's. That is what they were waiting on apparently!?

More to come soon I hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, man, this truck is going to be badass when they tune up the shifting... I can feel the power there with the engine tune, but I just need the shifting to follow behind, cant wait!

Question. I have an '01 ST and I watch the shows, where they work on cars and trucks and rebuild engines and transmissions. When you say tune, is that like when they put those shift kits into a trans and hook up one of those scanners and they tell you; you can change the way it shifts? Thanks.

Cool - greg, the computer in the trac controls the tranny. We have gotten a unit that allows us to download updated tunes for the computer and load them. We have a site sponsor that does the tunes for a fair price.

It makes a HUGE difference. I know a lot of mods make a barely noticable difference, like a intake or something, but the tuning is night and day, especially on the 07+ V8 ST...

I'm waiting until they can get into the tranny before I get a programmer, and I don't plan on doing the other mods until I can get the programmer, that's what the exhaust has to do with the transmission. :)

Last edited by a moderator: