?? about XCAL3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
I have been running the 93 performance tune. Myself and friends have been impressed with what the XCAL can do. The next tank Im going to try the 89 performance tune. Do I need to go back to the stock tune, then load the 89 tune ??

Thanks, Eddie

I did the 93 Performance and just like the 87 Performance, and stock, I can tell no

difference. I guess the 400 bucks spent was for the wow factor to be able to change the tune. From my experience, the tunes installed on my unit appear to be placebo tunes.

No need Fast Ed ;)

Just load the 89 over the 93...

Russ, where did you get your tunes/tuner from?

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 On what Hawaiian Said

Todd Z

Russ, I could definitly tell the difference. I went from stock 87 to 93 performance first use. Maybe you were expecting more of a super truck. It is not imposible for the person that wrote your tune to have missed something. It has happened. Have the tunes reviewed by him. Also if you recieved your tunes via download. Could be a glitch in the download. get the tunes reviewed and sent to you again.

If I were you I wouldn't go back to stock too many times because from what I've read here after 4-5 times of going back to stock you have to send your tuner in to the dealer to get it unlocked. Am I right on this guys?

Ray, I didnt think of that. You get 5 unlocks. What is odd though. I bought it used from a member here. He returned it to stock. When I scrolled through the menu it said 5 unlocks left...

If I remember the XCal 3 correctly, you can return a vehicle to the stock tune without actually "unlocking" the tuner from the vehicle. I'm out of town right now, so I can't verify this w/my XCal 3.

You can change tunes as many times as you want. I'ved returned mine to stock for every service and it still says I have 5 unlocks left. From what I understand, once you put it on a different vehicle is uses a lock.