abs control module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning ,
I have an 05 sport trac with an abs light on . it shows the code for control module circuit failure. I am having a hard time finding a new module as Ford shows it as discontinued and unable to find a refurbished one. Anyone have the same issue?

thanks in advance

George

Ive heard of this before... try www.car-part.com

If not have to scour local junk yards.

BUT have it tested first.... could be a broken or corroded wire...

RockAuto shows availability for 01-03 but not 04-05. Did ford change it up or can you use one from 01-03?

One thing I would highly consider to is send it for repair. Do a search on that module to see who would repair it. If it is a common failure item, you should find someone to do it.

RockAuto shows availability for 01-03 but not 04-05. Did ford change it up or can you use one from 01-03?
I just went and looked at the 01-03 at Rock Auto and opened up the hood on my 04 Sport Trac. Unfortunately, they have the module off to the side. But it looked identical. What is going on that the 04-05's shows unavailable?

Good morning ,
I have an 05 sport trac with an abs light on . it shows the code for control module circuit failure. I am having a hard time finding a new module as Ford shows it as discontinued and unable to find a refurbished one. Anyone have the same issue?

thanks in advance

George
I would be interested in how in make out in this situation. I done some more research on this and was quite surprised myself in seeing why your having this issue. Back, when I owned an 03 Chevy Blazer, I had no problem finding someone to rebuilt my ABS control module when I got your exact same condition with it. Unfortunately my Sport Trac, I didn't see anybody out there trying to drum up business in wanting to fix these ABS control modules. Unlike my Blazer, there are no new ones to buy, refurbish ones to buy, and no one is out there targeting our modules to fix specifically. I sent an e-mail to Module Masters just to see what they have to say about our modules. But this is some additional things I have learned about our ABS system.
-They are made by Ate.
-Ate I have found are in some European branded vehicles as well. Specifically, Volvo and BMW.

Overall, finding someone that works on Ate stuff would be the key here. Checking with Ford also to see what fix they would have for our ABS systems too. I really can't believe Ford would not give support for a safety feature, since it could be liability on them if they didn't.

Latest posts