ABS light on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha guys, My wife's 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 has the ABS light on. It came on when a mechanic broke a wire from the wheel ABS to a collector or something in the rear. He replaced the wire from both rear wheels and a fuse for the ABS but the light is still on. I checked the codes and got (55) which means no codes. The jeep forum offers no help. Do any of you guys know how to turn off this light? Someone said that after 50 starts it will go out so we are at 30 starts now!

Thanks for reading and the help Ed

In my opinion something is still not right. The system has to have a clear reading from each sensor and that isn't happening. If it was okay before the wire was torn it is most likely still in that area. Was damage done to the sensor itself when ripped? Correct ABS wire replaced? There has to be a failure somewhere still.

On my ST my front right ABS cable was nicked from offraoding and light intermittently came on until stayed on, when I then found it torn. The reading is not getting from the sensor to the computer.

Also, you mentioned fuse was changed, was it actually blown? Correct fuse changed?

Latest posts