ABS light still on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derick Cardenas

Reaction score
the ford dealer here in manila insists they do not see any error codes relating the the abs light except one that says a voltage spike in the ecu. they say they found it using ford IDS.

the ABS light has been forever a problem in my trac. i had the sensor replaced (the one on top of the rear differential) and still the light is on. any ideas?

Reaper, your ABS light would or your BRAKE light would?

I have not heard of the ABS light coming on due to low fluid issues as of yet.

Inside the master cylinder there is a float, the float would move to a point that it would trip the light when the fluid was low relative to braking or acceleration. I don't think there is a connection to the ABS relative being low fluid.

If there was air in the line, then yes, I could see the ABS light coming on due to differential pressure issues.

hummm my ABS light has been on for over a year now. Had the codes read, nothing, changed the rear sensor, no joy. Was told it was the ABS hydraulic block, changed that out, again no joy. Had a brake guy put his wizz bang box(reader) on and went for a drive, all three sensors read but then drop out and 12 miles per hour, is this normal? Light is till on! Any other ideas?

Latest posts