AC Problem Help, Anybody got any more information?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Montez

Reaction score
OK GUYS,

My AC is not working, issue is there is no refrigerant in the system.

Reason I know this is I tried filling and found the leak, thats the problem.

Leak is located on the block that is attached to the compressor. On this small block that has the ac line running into it is a small nozzle. The nozzle is facing upward and can be taken out with a 14 millimeter wrench. The nozzle does have a hole on top and that is where the leak is.. Why is the refrigerant coming out the top of the nozzle? IT is easy easy to see this nozzle as all you have to do is go to the drivers side engine compartment and look directly at the ac compressor. ITs on the top of the small block attached to the compressor. What is this nozzle as the refrigerant is coming out of there.......... HELP

re: AC problem HELP by ncranchero,3/1/2009 19:53 ET

I think you're describing the relief valve.....

An A/C compressor pressure relief valve is incorporated in the compressor A/C manifold and tube to:

relieve unusually high refrigerant system discharge pressure buildups.

prevent damage to the A/C compressor and other system components.

avoid total refrigerant loss by closing after the excessive pressure has been relieved.

Did you use a set of A/C gauges or a "add-a-charge" with only a hose to try and charge it.?

Message was edited by ncranchero on 3/1/2009 at 20:28 ET

re: AC problem HELP by kmontez,3/1/2009 21:44 ET

Only an add on hose. I thought the system was empty, cause the compressor wouldnot turn on until I put some refrigerant in it. Basically the compressor did not come on until

I put refrigerant. Then when I did the relief valve was leaking.. Even when I turned off the truck.. Could it be messed up .

Latest posts