adjustments for wind noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Dyess

Reaction score
have a 2005 st with 350 miles,has a lot of wind noise on each side of windsheild at the doors has anyone else had this problem,also can the door gasket be adjusted to help this problem,can hardly hear the radio.thanks

ohhh........total dealer time. It's BRAND new. Bumper to bumper means just that. No matter what the problem is, at 350 miles it's the dealer's problem.

The Trac is inherently louder than most SUV's. They did add in 2004 additional weather stripping that mounts between the doors on the pillars. Made a very nice improvement. The door itself can be adjusted as well as the fenders. In order to keep the seems lined up both the door and the fenders would need to be adjusted in, twords the center of the vehicle. You could do the door itself but you may loose the smooth transition from the door to the fender.

I would be hounding the dealer to do this as it is not an easy job. The bolts are hard to get to in some cases...

Last edited by a moderator:
Coastiejoe, my '03 didn't come with the additional weather stripping. I bought the OEM part from Ford and installed it. ToddZ put me on to it. I believe the strip was added in the '04 tracs.

Mike, your correct. I did change my post to the correct year. I should have been more clear. The Tracs that were built in 03 but titled 04 had the revision....

Maybe Iam deaf, but I never hear any wind noise on my '04...but I took the roof rails off...maybe that made a difference....

Latest posts