Adrenalin factory tires

Help Support SportTrac.org:

Mel Pilgrim

Reaction score
I took my truck into the dealer today (2009 Adrenaline) to check out the front end. I was experiencing shimmy while driving at any speed. slow seemed to be the worst. I rotated tires and all looked not too back. I only have 37104 Km (23,055 miles) so I thought that it could not be the tires.

Well, I have three tires that the tread/belts are separating. I did not like the factory tires anyway and thought I would change in a year or two but am doing it today.

Getting for Hankook tires installed, weighs hidden inside the wheels.

will be nice to have better tires than the factory Pirelli scorpions..... I found they were not a good tire.

Bruce Marcoux

Reaction score
The Scorpions are horrible tires, I changed mine out at 60K (37K miles), one had blown and the other three were seperating. I was on holidays at the time and needed a quick cheap fix, so I went to Discount Tire in Vegas and had 4 Falken Ziex (265, 50 R20) tires put on ( $800 total, balanced and installed). That was six years and 120k (74,500 Miles) ago and I still have those tires on the truck today!

Vic Sorlie

Reaction score
Bought my Adrenalin with 17K on it. One of first things I did was get decent tires for it. Pirellis are junk - for any car, IMO. Very happy with the Nitto tires I got from Discount. Great ride.

Richard L

Reaction score
Pirelli makes/made great tires for their European market, but they definitely lose something in translation to the American market. Perhaps they work better with European made cars?

Years ago, I bought a set of Pirelli's for my car based on the good experience I had with them on cars I drove in Europe. Big mistake !!! The Pirelli tires were more expensive, yet they were shot in about 30K miles and I vowed never to buy Pirelli's again!

...Rich

Mel pilgrim 2

Reaction score
Update to the replacement tires. Had Hankook Ventus S1Noble 2 tires installed. After 2 years and about 26,000 km’s they are done. One tire at 2/32, the other 3 at 3/32. After pushing both Ford and Hankook for over 5 months Hankook are issuing a full refund under warranty. Tires were rotated, no issues found. Half the miles were highway too. Should have lasted to 80,000 km’s. I never really noticed until I had a tire shop remove a screw from one tire while on a trip.

I am now looking at Micheline LTX or maybe Nitto tires. Don’t need winter rating, but will go with 3 season I think. Have a set of winter tires on Mustang rims on the Trac now.

Reaction score
I learned the hard way on those AWFUL AWFUL Pirelli tires. When my second set only lasted 19000 miles, I said that was it and went with Bridgestone. What a huge difference in ride. OMG I was an idiot for buying Pirelli replacements. Never again will I buy anything related to Pirelli. Terrible ride. Terrible wear life. Jesus, what was Ford thinking?