Advice on Ventshades for '07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Firebaugh

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just installed my AVS Ventshades on my '07 Trac. After reading about some people having to trim them, I can confirm that the rear shades are a bit tight. You see, the curved end goes foreward, and the back end is somewhat pointed, making them bow when fitted. Just take a Dremel tool and grind the rear pointed plastic down to the sticky tape and it should fit just fine! I would post some pix but I already installed them! Sorry.

Have Fun!

jfire

I had no problems fitting mine. I ordered them from Cabelas, as that was the only place online that said they were the "in channel" type. Did you put the correct one on the correct side?? The rears are also L and R. When I was test fitting them I saw they were stamped accordingly, and they would have needed to be trimmed had I reversed them, but no trimming when in the right spot.

Yes, the "curved" part goes forward and the "pointy" part goes rearward. Just needed to shave a little off the pointy end. I'm sure that you probably don't need to trim but it did help somewhat. I'm just saying that it is something to consider if it seems kind of tight.

jfire

Mine (one4s for 2006 Explorer) fit perfectly once I figured out the correct window (left vrs. right).

I have the Weather Tech ones (no adhesive installation).