advise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl boger

Reaction score
Any advise on limited slip, posi, or lockers? I like to go farther than others and like a locker but also drive it daily so not looking to damage other components. Ideas, advise?

for a DD i personally would go limited slip... not quite as hardcore as a locker but it still gives you power to both rear wheels at the same time

Probably the best all-around locker is the Powertrax No-Slip, sort of a soft locker. Also it is the ONLY locker available for the front axle (but they make them for the rear too). My second choice would be a Detroit True-Trac, a gear-driven limited-slip. That being said, a Sport Trac is long enough and heavy enough that you could live with a Detroit Locker in the rear if you wanted.

cool JohnnyO. I did some reading and checked out some install photos of the powertrax no-slip and it appears relatively easy to install as well. its my fall project for before winter so I have a little time to decide. other than shocks and replacing my snapped torsion bolt im kinda thinking that I should next get and install an sct programmer to hopefully fully unlock the power and economy of my already mods. ie. dual magnaflo exhaust the cold air intake and such plus the tires and so on. being a slightly higher costing upgrade im gonna toss a little money in the kitty each pay till I can get that bad boy on. superchips makes one that you can use your smartphone to do all the set ups and changes. I was wondering if that's an option with the sct unit as well. im doing the sct by the way because of the testimonies on this site. hey that's why im here. lol

I put the power-trax in my '04. I need to pull it out and send it in. It never has unlocked going around 90 degree corners. Tech support wasnt any help either.

Others have used it with no problem. The Aussie is the same design @ half the price. The Aussie techs' talked me out of buying it for street service. Richmond techs' say street or off road. Now I wished I saved $250 and got the aussie anyway. Either one is easy to install. Ring and pinion lash and load is not disturbed.

Latest posts