Aftermarket alarm without pats system

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm wanting to install an aftermarket alarm/remote starter and was wondering if there was a way to disable/remove the pats system. Would make it easier to install the aftermarket alarm I'd think. Any ideas or should I just get the bypass thingy and put it in. I figure without the pats system there would be less to wire up and go wrong in the end lol

Just get another key, program it yourself as you have two existing keys, then put it inside the plastic area of the column.

Much cheaper than a bypass module and easier as well.

Not necessary! You only need the extra key if going for remote start. A normal alarm will work with the PATS, it works around it. Doesn't need to be messed with at all.

you'll need a third key or depending on the remote start, they make a pats by-pass module. Key = 25$ module = 75$ your choice

I understand I need either a key or bypass kit...I was just hoping I could get away with taking out the trucks pats system so there was less of a chance of screwing it up.

Thanks LaRue....that was the answer I was looking for.....well not looking for but you know what I mean :sad:

Latest posts