Aftermarket Steering Wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Anyone know if its possible to change the steering wheel in an 01 ST to a custom one of some sort... If its possible what am I looking for in terms of specs for certain things it needs or what not....

Thanks all!

I have a full billet steering wheel on order. When I get it and install it I'll let you know. It'll be a while still since I have about 2-4 weeks left before its even delivered.

I found a company on line that will modify your OEM wheel to what ever you want, and you can keep the airbag... Cost was about 400 - 700 bucks..

Todd Z

Well Todd, what company is that?! :)

But I am in Canada, we dont have inspections so im not too worried about it... It'd be nice to have the airbag, but apparently my life is not worth as much as the need for a nicer steering wheel, lol (Not funny) hahaha...

Bah...you don't need no stinkin airbag.

The problem with most aftermarket wheels is they are made to bolt onto a GM steering column, so you'll need an adapter in order to get it to work on a Ford coulmn. I think Grant and possibly Lecarra sell Ford compatable wheels, but the selection is limited.