Air Bag light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
The past couple of mornings, the air bag light is lit when I first start my ST. It stays on until I get to work. At lunch, when I go out, it's not lit anymore. :banghead:

Now; I know this is going to sound weird to all you STers in the cold and snow but - it only seems to happen when it's under 60 degrees (that's cold for us down here).

Once it warms up during the day, everything's back to normal.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here in frigid snowy Michigan and that happens to me every once in a great while, usually when the temps are down in the teens, but once my truck is warmed inside it goes right out.

Jimmy, I also noticed my gate & garage door opener would only open from short distances when the temperature dropped.

Hope it is not the same as mine was.

Air bag lite stayed on some cold mornings (-20 C ) then had to boost my truck several cold mornings. but it was not consistant. Left truck at dealership several days till they had to boost it and they replaced battery under warranty. Have not seen airbag light since.

First couple of times I saw light and had to boost it they tested battery and said it was okay.

Took a lot of convincing to get them to replace battery.

Allan,

Looks like the Battery.

The past couple of cold mornings, it's been barely starting. Replacing the battery this morning. Going camping this weekend and I don't want any trouble while out in the wilderness.

Latest posts