Air Horn Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
Worked pretty much all day getting this stuff installed. Wanted to mount it all under the bed but didn't because I take my truck out in the mud sometimes. Just uses the space behind the wheel well. Horn is loud, sounds like a big rig.

9da0c488d993fbd184dd30edd75052dd.jpg

3c6ecc9c7464debe93d2a7678abc0501.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of air horns. They're mounted just behind the grill and point down. They're Wolo model #416, which are alternating hi-lo and are used on European emergency vehicles. They're remnants of my EMS days. They move traffic much better than a standard 100-watt siren.

Mark, I actually thought about getting a stuttertone type air horn like they have on ambulances and firetrucks. Maybe I will one day.

I have the wolo bad-boy 130db. It is self contained air horn. I took the tracs bottom horn out of service. Used that wire for the wolo. kept the tracs top horn in service.

Believe me it is loud. When I sit on the horn. Most people including passengers say, what the h*ll was that....lol

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea, I guess. Haven't found a positive use for 'em yet tho...

But seriously, that thing takes up a fair chunk of bed. Also looks like you can't use the mighty Bed Extender, God's gift to the Truck.

Pre-pix, I was thinking a smaller horn like that wolo, not something with so much air that it takes up the bed. Trying to rival a train? :grin:

It only uses up a part of the space behind the wheel well. It doesn't stick out any further then that. I dont have a bed extender, I just use rachet straps when I need to open the tailgate for something big.

I found a good use for it this morning, someone was driving 45 on the inside lane on I95, two quick zaps and they moved over right away. :grin:

I will take a photo from the back with the tailgate down.

I love it! I hate the horn on my trac, sounds like a little car, sounds more sissy than the horn on our dodge neon in my opinion. I dont use it because it embarrasses me! I need to put something else in so I can start honking again. :grin:

Latest posts