air intake question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grady Lawson

Reaction score
Hi, just found this site and have found a lot of useful information. I just pusrchased an 07 sport trac 4x4 4.0L and I'm intrested in doing some performance upgrades. The first upgrade that I plan on doing is air intake and while I was looking at the stock air intake filter box I noticed that the inlet side of the box has a nice size inlet tube, bigger than ones I have noticed in the past. I'm wondering if a k&n filter replacement for the stock intake would do just as well seeing how it is cold air intake as stock or replacement intake system with the filter open under the hood drawing in warm underhood air would be better.

Grady:

Welcome to the site!!

I too, am fairly new to this site. It is a great source of info. I have an '07 V8 4X4 ST and only have a few issues with mine....mostly the 6 speed auto weird 1-2 shifts!

That is my feelings exactly about the air intake. I plan on just getting a K&N.

Todd Z seems to have a lot of info on this type of question. Hopefully, he will post some type of response to your question. He also offers modded throttle bodies for the ST...even the '07's. I plan on purchasing one from him just to get the gas mileage improvement although I do have some questions about how this would affect the warranty. The throttle bodies are a modded factory item that is a direct replacement and only take a few minutes to install.

Good luck and enjoy your new ST!

Gary
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if you just bought a 4.0 ST! It would have been easy at the time of puchase to do the V8 but that time has passed for Grady.

Gary
:cool:

Grady:

You can search the message board for either title or message content for 'cold air intake' and you come up with numerous hits!

Gary
:D

Rodger, I checked AirAid's website and didn't see any kits specific to the 07 Sport Trac, V6 or V8. You know something we don't?