air intake tube

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Weicht

Reaction score
install the zabteck cold air intake on my 02 ST today and everything went well except i had one question. There was a tube from the back along the fire wall coming from 2 silver quarter size circle pieces (not sure what they are to be honest) one of the tubes came from there along the plastic plenum cover that says 4.0 sohc on it and went into the stock MAF tubing. now that i installed the new air intake theres not a spot for it. i unplugged the hose from the silver circles and when i did you can feel it suck in air from me disconnecting the tube. am i supposed to not worry about it and leave it alone? hook up the tube and plug it in somewhere else? orrr cap off the area where the tube attached to the silver circles with some rubber cup of some sort? prolly stupid question but wasnt sure. help appreciated.

Email Todd z. You must have one of the early '02s. I think they had an extra tube. You may need a nipple to intall for the other tube.

Yes,

as Eddie said on the 02 ford did some playing around with an air bleed.... you can remove that and cap it, OR completely remove the whole thing and use the longer line, Cut it to fit and install it from the intake to the booster....

Thanks

Todd Z

Any time..

Todd Z

My '02 had 2 tubes to the intake. One was accounted for in the intake design (blue hose ) but the one coming frome the driver side was not (black hose). I drilled and installed a grommet then used the OEM nipple to the intake just after the bend on the left (black hose)

[Broken External Image]: