Airaid cold air does not fit.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Park

Reaction score
the shop that i ordered my airraid cold air intake quick fit from tried to install it, but it would not fit, too small. they ordered it right too, but it wouldn't fit. there is no place to bolt onto it. so I placed an order for a 57 series K&N cold air intake. suppose to gain like 6.88hp or something like that.

where did you bolt it too? the clamps won't work either, because they aren't wide enough. do you have any pics of it installed?

does it make a difference if i order from nate? does he add a longer intake tube or something, or something curves so that the crankcase vent hose can reach to the intake tube? thats the biggest problem we had. we installed it, no where to bolt, the clips too smal too fit into the airaid box, and the crankcase vent hose woldn't reach. and the installation sheet didn't help either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danial, I posted 4 pics to My Library (AirAid CAI folder) that show how it is mounted to the top of the existing air box. All you have to do is remove the top cover of existing air box, then remove drop-in filter. Then follow the instructions that came with the AirAid CAI which are very easy to follow, if you follow them. The hardest part, for me, was bolting the MAFS to the AirAid mounting bracket (didn't follow directions). :) Hope that helps. :D

Wash your truck, Rodger.

Daniel, can you put pictures of your install in your library. I saw Rodger's setup today. It's basically in the same position as position as stock.

Latest posts