AirAid Throttle Body Spacer. Does it work?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Favaloro

Reaction score
So does it? I have a 2001 ST and it's my first car. I have done alot of research and I know how misleading alot of aftermarket performance parts are in their description so I'm just wondering.

SCT tuner, muffler and air filter for intake, K&N or something like that.

But I'd clean out your TB and depending on your miles, replace/upgrade the plugs/wires and fuel filter. then the rest

Throttle body spacers on a "dry" intake manifold don't do anything useful except extract $ from your wallet. You are not, in my opinion, going to see any gains with aftermarket wires unless your wires are worn out. The least expensive ad on for power is a "cold air" (actually a less restrictive intake, not necessarily colder) intake. An after market exhaust will get you some HP as will an under drive pulley. A very good gain is gotten with a Xcaliber re programmer and some software tunes from Wayne (Hypnotic Illusions) who is a site sponsor.

Don't know what you mean by "inexpensive"; but, by the time you do intake, exhaust, UDP and Xcal2, you're in it for over $1000. Throw in a new Y-pipe and lower rear-end gears and the cost just goes up. Also, those items won't likely add any value at trade-in or sale time.

Plug wires do nothing for your ST either.

Q is 100% correct. Plug wires will only help when you replace bad ones. Going from fibregalss/carbon wires to Splirial wound willl get the spARK there with less resistance, it will not increase your HP, and if it possibly, could have, maybe, etc. you are only talking 1/4 HP.

Tom

Latest posts