Almost there.. Thoughts? :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon P

Reaction score
I think I finally found my Sport Trac Adrenalin! Well, maybe. just a few questions for the expert community. When I pull the carfax it shows the truck as this..

2008 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC LTD

VIN: ************

Body Style: 4 DOOR WAGON/SPORT UTILITY

Engine Size: 4.6L V8 FI SOHC

Drivetrain: ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Just wanting to make sure that Adrenalin was a package type deal and not the model since it shows this truck being an LTD. It looks like the Adrenalin, has the front end of one but I don't see it anywhere on the carfax report.

My second question is about comparison of the 2010 and 2008 models. Are they pretty much the same? Did the 2008 have any issues anyone knows of compared to the 2010?

Lastly, This truck is in near mint condition, one owner, Red with 36k miles.. Guy wants 23k for it. Seems like a fair deal considering what I'm seeing the sell for online. Not to mention its been garaged almost everyday of its life and has 0 rust. What do you guys think, worth it?

Oh, He mentioned it didn't have lock-in 4x4 but from what others have said you can indeed click on the control center and lock the 4 wheel drive in if need be. Anyone know if this is only on newer models or does the 2008 do this as well? I'm guessing he just never tried looking for the option. As usual, thanks for your knowledge bank and help!

Enter VIN and click minor features. (Adrenalin Package)

Last edited by a moderator:

@swshawaii Thanks for that, very helpful! I input the vin and do see the "adrenalin package". Any thoughts on the rest? :)

The 2010 and 2008s are virtually the same. The 08's didn't come with heated seats. Yes, you can lock it into 4X4 . 23k seems high to me, but then I am always amazed at how much people seem to be asking for sport tracs in the USA.

You can also try this web site to see if the window sticker will show. http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

It is done by the VIN.

Greg

thats low miles, it should have more then 2x that at its age, and a good price.

my 08STA can be locked in 4wd via the buttons and the info screen.

Check build date on FordEtis link above. Many threads regarding two-piece spark plugs breaking on 4.6 3V engines, do a search.

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/120

Lots of great information. Sad that it wont have the heated leather seats. I appreciatte all the links though, and it appears this trac was made on 4.21.2008 so it "shouldn't" have the spark plug issue based on the links provided. I get to test drive it on Monday, wIll probably put it on a lift and give it a good once over.. Anything specific anyone recommends checking for?

Any TSB's not completed are likely on your dime, especially since the factory warranty is long over. Good luck, hope you get what you want. :supercool:

Latest posts