Alternator Pulley Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
Question for you guys, if I were to get just the underdrive pulley for my alternator (03 Sport Trac) would that even be possible without switching any other pulleys? I wouldn't mind having the little extra juice. I am just not interested in changing any others so that why the question. Thanks!!!

Output of the alternator is controlled by demand. In the old days this was a way to increase voltage, however with today's regulators and OBCs, little, if any is gained by doing this.

The alt pulley is to put the alt back to norm. After you use the crank pulley to slow the other accesories.

Ahh, ok. Thats what I was wondering as I know Todd sells them. I wasn't sure if that alternator pulley was for a boost or to correct the other pulley mods. Thanks!!! :smile0006:

What good does it do to get a smaller drive pulley is you're going to change the other pulleys to compensate?!

Dre,

most people that do these mods also have high draw electronics in the truck...

The alt pulley puts the alt speeds back to OEM to keep the charging at OEM... and you ca run the other UDP's..

Todd Z

Latest posts