Am I covered under warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george linck

Reaction score
I have 42,00 miles on my ST. My mechanic said I need a new ERG valve and it should be covered under warranty even though I am over 36,000. Am I covered?

I'd check with the Ford dealership. The EGR valve has been a problem, and since it is an emmissions-related item, it may still be covered.

Might be the DPFE sensor that actuates the EGR valve....someone might be able to chime in on the TSB about it...

Do you have an extended warranty? If you are not sure look at your purchase papers or contact the dealership.

Look at your warranty booklet. Emissions items are covered much longer than the factory warranty. Used to be 100% coverage for 100,000 miles or five years, but I think it has changed recently. This is a federal requirement to guarantee clean emissions.

Ford extended the warranty on the DPFE sensor. The EGR is not covered beyond 36K miles.

Some emmission parts are covered under the federal 8 year, 80K mile warranty but the manufacturer determines what parts of their system are covered.

The only way to know is to go to a Ford dealer and have them make the repairs. Their parts department has a list of parts covered under the 8/80K warranty and you can compare that to what they replaced on your vehicle to verify they honored the warranty. If not you can get a refund.

Unfortunately, the OBD-II diagnostic codes do not guarantee that is the part that failed and Ford requires that they do their own diagnostics and follow specific testing proceedures to verify which parts need replacing, so they will not usually guess what the problem is in advance.

...Rich