Am I on the right trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
Ok So I am looking to start my "performance" mods. I have this on my list to do withint the next 2 weeks.

-Magnaflow Single 2 1/2" Facctory exit Stainless steel exhaust system with 3 1/2 " polished tip

-K&N airfilter

-Zabteck V8 Performance Throttle Body <<< seen install and figure I can do this on my own

What have I missed?

I looked in to the CAI. My main concern is I do not want to have to remove it if I have to have it in the dealership for anything.

Bootsy, the CAI shouldn't have any bearing on the warrenty, if that's what you are worried about. Many have an aftermarket intake on thier ST and no problems when they have to take thier ST's in for warrenty work. The only mod that would cause a problem with warrebty work is the X-Cal, but that is taken care of when you flash it back to stock before you go in.;)

If you're looking for enhanced performance then your list looks great for starters. The only thing I suggest you add would be the X-Cal2 w/performance tunes. If you do those 4 items within the next 2 weeks, I would say that's a great start!:cool:

Bootsy, I don't think there is much you can do yet to improve the air intake on a '07 V8 other than Todd's throttle bodies, check the link below from a couple of weeks ago. Also, re your other posting about the Smart cars, there are lots of them here but they are a very urban vehicle, sort of like a golf car on steroids. If you want a small economical car, look at a Honda Fit, at least you can take more than one passanger if you want to.

Yes and no, Ford could try to make a case out of you having a modified throttle body on your truck. I think the majority of us simply reinstall the original throttle body before taking the Trac in for warranty work just to error on the safe side. It's a 5 minutes swap with simple tools......

Like Lil Red said, you could just change it out before you go in, but I doubt they would even know the difference between the mod'ed one and the OEM. (unless Todd is now putting his companies name on them :D);)