And boom goes the Tranny...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So on the way to work this morning, I pulled out of the driveway and onto the highway. Attempting to shift into 2nd gear I felt the clutch pedal "let go" :angry:. There was no resistance on the pedal. After getting a tow to my local garage they took a look and suggested that I contact a transmission shop. So, I got ahold of a local AAMCO and they said a new slave cylinder and clutch would run about 1000-1200 dollars. Although, they haven't looked at it yet, he said that this is a rough estimate. Is this an appropriate quote for such service?

So why can't your local shop do a simple clutch job???? I don't know if you have a 2 or 4 wheel drive but labor will be between 5-6 hours depending on configuration. My cost on the parts for the clutch kit, flywheel and slave cylinder is almost $400. It really depends on what the shop's hourly rate is to determine cost.

Not familiar with the aftermarket slave cylinders noted by Rodger however the current OEM is upgraded from the original installed in our trucks.

If you have no pressure chances are your slave gave out.

Latest posts