Another '07 Tranny Problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been following the discussions re: problems w/ the new 6 speed auto, the TSBs and the like - holding my breath. (My '07 V8 LTD has been perfect, since Ford replaced my engine in late summer.)

All of a sudden my tranny is acting up, but only when I'm at real low speeds as in stop-and-go traffic and only during the 1-2 shift. As its about ready to shift, the tranny sounds like its starting to slip and then there's this rather clumsy clunk into 2nd. (You feel it, the clunk, more than hear it.) When I accelerate normally, as from a light or stop sign, then the tranny appears to shift normally.

Any guesses?

Flyer, I also had my engine replaced. I would have them check the trans fluid. I guess when they replaced my engine they failed to top off my trans. You my not know that the V-8 does not have a trans dip stick. I found out that my tranny was a qt low. They found no leaks, so it had to be when they replaced the engine. It helped when the fluid was added but i still needed the new TSB.

My motor was replace due to a sheared wrist pin. I had to argue w/two dealerships. One told me it was a normal knocking. They said it was just the lifters breaking in, then it was the injectors. I finally called ford HQ and had them send someone to look at it. Within a half day they were told to replace the motor. The new motor runs great. I'm now at 35,400 miles. Avg about 17-18 combined mpg, heavy foot. I have a Flowmaster that dumps under the bed. I also have a KandN replacement filter with the plastic tube cut out of the airbox and the plastic louvers cut out of the grill.