Any OKC Member Left?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
Now that Darin has stated he is leaving the board due to some harsh comments towards former ST owners, I'm wondering if there are any more members from our lovely city. I know AWuestenfield posts occasionally, but he has been very scarce. Rocco left about a year ago for reasons similar to Darin's, and I'll be moving away to Poland in a few months.

That seems to leave no one in OKC that posts on a regular basis. It's really a shame that a few bad apples can alienate so many members of this site by their negative posts and personal attacks. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
And its a shame that former owner feel the need to bash the ST they used to have and talk about how happy they are they changed over on a "ST enthusiast site". Im sorry that he left but you can't disagree with me that he was not doing this.

I wish you well in poland and hope that if you stay on the site you do not follow suit in the way that some former owners have in bashing the ST and instead help members in a constructve fashion.

It's really a shame that a few bad apples can alienate so many members of this site by their negative posts and personal attacks.

And I personally feel Darin was a contributer as much as others.

In fact, I don't feel sorry for Darin leaving at all, I feel more sorry about the treatment Tyler gets. I'm amazed that he hasn't left yet.

I personally believe that anyone is welcome here including previous owners, but I also agree that if you're going to join a Ford enthusiest site, at least don't bash Fords. If I want to hear how good Toyotas are, I'll join a Toyota site, or one of those Anti-Ford sites. Now there is a differance between just plain bashing and constructive criticizms, or issues one's had with quality issues, service departments, etc etc. Take you for instance Nelson, you've had problems, but you have points to why you traded, and you offer help and advice from past issues you've had.

I for one consider myself one of the lucky ones with very few problems. My truck has 114K, and I've got several of the issues that people talk about. My steering wheel looks diseased, my tranny flairs on occasion (not as much with the XCal) my timing chain rattles, and my steering column wiring harness is secured in with electirical tape (mostly my fault from when I removed the column shifter), BUT, she's only left me stranded once. And that's because I ignored the signs that my battery was done. Yeah, they're problems, they're annoyances. But, it's an assembly of 10,000 moving parts built on an assembly line. It happens. With any manufacturer. PERIOD. As much abuse as I give my truck, (and anyone who went to Louisville would agree!) I'm amazed she hasn't fallen apart around me. If you want to go bash Ford and GM and talk about how great Toyota is until you're blue in the face, take it to a Toyota site.

OK, pointless rant over with.

By the way, I know it's probably a bad thread to post this in, but congrats on your promotion and your orders! (At least on your promotion! ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Me Too, if you are a former owner, your welcome to stay and be helpful. When you start bashing the Trac, it is time for you to go. I dont care how much better built or MPG is on your new car.

I dont mind if you post here for help for a different brand. Dont bash what this site is set up for, " Sport Trac enthusist "..:D

Now that Darin has stated he is leaving the board due to some harsh comments

Guess we know now who wear emotions on their sleeves?

Can certainly dish it out but can't take it?

I suppose we will have to manage going forward on our own then as a collective happy group.

Last one in OKC turn out light please.

...Darin has stated he is leaving the board due to some harsh comments towards former ST owners....

"Harsh comments" - makes me laugh. You could always count on Darin to bash Ford and promote Toyota. It got really old....

But, there are still others (well at least one other) to carry on the Ford bashing flame...and that's gotten old, too.