Anybody heard of these guys?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Howard

Reaction score
Got a letter today from Dealer Services saying this is my final notice that I can extend my warranty. I think it is a ripoff, Supposedly has 24 hour roadside service and emergency towing. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

It's a private company soliciting you. I get about 3 calls a day from "cardmember services" trying to get me to use their banks for credit cards.

We used to get them all the time. Didn't know if it was for the Mountaineer or my ST. Just get the extended warranty (if you want it) through the dealer. That way you don't have to worry about them not accepting it like my dealer does to me.;)

I have bought third party extended coverage that the dealership had offered as an option, but to do so outside of the dealership is a gamble..

Main thing with third-party warranty companies is that it's possible they will go out of business after they take your money. A company here did just that several years ago which resulted in a bunch of lawsuits and a bunch of people out a bunch of money.

I usually call them and think of ways to mess with them. But everyone is correct, It's a solicitation made to look like something important to get you to buy something.

My warrenty ran out eons ago, Had the basic 30k with ESP up to 75k ( I think, don't quite me on that ) Now I'm past 120k and still get the cards in the mail.

Yeah, I still get those, too. The one I liked best was the one that said it was better because it would cover me all the way to 125,000 miles! And here I am with 125,610 miles on my no problems Sport Trac.

If you need them, they can be a great help, or make it even worse. Just make sure you know what you are getting for your money. They can be very tricky with their words. A friend put his explorer in the shop for a new transmission once, and wound up with a used transmission from the dealership, and still had to pay the deductible and the rental car he thought was covered! The warranty people argued with the dealership for a week about how much they would pay, all the while the dealership was building up rental fees.

Personally, I think you would be better served to put the money in the bank, to be used if you need it. The warranty people have run the numbers, and they come out ahead if you buy the policy. Chances are you won't ever need it. If you have the money in the bank, you still have your money if you don't need repairs.

Latest posts