Anybody tow their Sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has towed their ST behind a motorhome? I understand there is a kit you can buy from the dealer that disengages the tranny. Any towbar apllications?

I work at a motor home dealership. We install both Blue Ox and Roadmaster towbars. You need to install a drive shaft disconnect on the sport trac in order to flat tow it, unless you have a manual/2x4. Are you looking to tow your trac Larry? If you are, and have any questions, let me know!

I am considering it. But I don't want to disconnect the drive line. I also don't know if anyone makes the front tow bar brackets for my ST. I'm currently towing my Wrangler with a blue ox tow bar.

Thanks for the help

If your ST is a 4X4 you can go to the dealer and get a wheels down tow kit for about

50.00 and not have to disconnet the drive shaft. I bought bracket and two bar stufff

on EBAY. Cheaper than dealers. I have a 07 that I tow and no problems.:)

Larry,

Yes, they can be towed 4 down. Wit the Remco kit, or the Ford kit.

Blue ox makes a good bar.

btw: sense you have a m/h, I will give you a link to another forum site, RV.Net

good bunch of people over there

Sport Tracs 4x4, auto transmission, after 2003 can be flat towed with the addition of a neutral tow switch, installed by a dealer. Auto trans, 4x4, before 2003 must have a drive shaft disconnect. Of course the manual transmission can be flat towed.

Tracs with auto transmission, 2wd, I believe also need the drive shaft disconnect, but to be sure I suggest you contact Remco Engineering.