Anyone have access to Carfax?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not carfax but think I still have time left on Autocheck which is similar if you want. I used to use a place called "reportswap" for a carfax for about $5 not sure if that still works or not.

Good find on the Reportswap there. That's way better then the $40 that carfax wants for one report. I'll update to let the post here know if it worked out.

It always did work, it would take anywhere from an hour to a day to get the report but I got several that way a year or so ago. Let know if it still works. If you want autocheck as well just message me.

I got my reports. Did one on the car I will be selling as well. Carfax has some worng information on it and I have tried to contact them to fix it, but from what others have said who knows if I'll hear back. They say that our car that we bought new in 2003 has had 2 owners. Also they claim there is a recall active for the vehicle, but Chrysler says there are no recalls associated with the VIN. Trying to correct that one too. I was able to send them a scan of our bill of sale and a scan of our current title, so we will see what comes of it.

I'd like to see the autocheck reports though too if you don't mind to compare. Also Carfax is showing that the car we're looking at is a 2 owner car, but the guy that bought the car new insists he is the original buyer. I believe him since my Carfax is screwy too..

Sad that Carfax has advertized enough that they want to be the end-all for anyone buying a car, yet doesn't verify info before putting it into a report and makes it difficult to correct if it is in error. A quick trip to the Facebook page for them reveals lots of people that can't trade in cars because the mileage has been entered incorrectly in one field (one guy has a BMW that he bought with 17k miles on it, the next entry in the report said 117k miles, and after that the mileage returned to 20k on next visit, so he is flagged for "odometer fraud" and can't trade in the vehicle....)

I'll send the VIN's in an email to your hotmail account listed here. Thanks!

hope you got the autocheck reports OK I had trouble attaching them in a readable format. Carfax, Autocheck, etc all of them have a tendency to have some sort of wrong info in it but are a good tool to use as part of buying a car but cant just be relied on for accuracy. Between the two of them you can normally catch any big issues but there is no guarantee. Some of the more minor things they can mess up, I have seen several get the mileage wrong and out of sequence and such. Nothing can beat a good physical check over of the car which kind of sucks when you are searching over a long distance like I am. Good luck on finding the right car. So far I have missed out on the two good deals I found one in NY, one in CT because I would not commit until I could go see them in person and they sold.

Oh yes I got them. Thanks again! We ended up with the IS 350. Couldn't beat the deal and the condition and maintenance checked out. The Chrysler (Our current car) on Autocheck has correct information. Since we've had it since new I can verify that it is a one owner car, something Carfax says isn't true...

Latest posts