anyone in jersey

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Alan,

Yes I live in Middlesex County (central ) NJ.

I am trying to organize a few ST owners here in Jersey so far I have about 2or 3 members interested in this little venture. Looking to get about 10 members interested, just to meet and greet, help each other with working on the ST if interested let me know.

Welcom to NJ the one of the most expensive states to live in. :lol:

Regards and welcome,

Pete 03

PS

What year ST do you have?

Hi Alan,

i live in Hamilton Twp " Mercer county" ( yeah theres 2) about 12 miles from burlington.

Mcguire AFB ????

In general, I thought the surrounding area looked nice, from a visitor's standpoint. It doesn't seem like traffic is bad, and the folks I met were friendly.

I had a friend at McGuire. He didn't like it much, because he was put into military housing on the Army base. While I was visiting, I saw why. The house wasn't too bad, but their next door neighbor did his yard work in only his bikini underwear while he was the back yard. They said they complained to the base, but they didn't do anything about it, since people wear similar clothes to the beach.

He also didn't like his job. He worked in the air terminal. McGuire is a very busy terminal, so he worked a lot of hours. The guy tends to be a chronic complainer though, so it's probably not that bad.

I am preparing to go to my ninth base in a few weeks. One thing I've found it that if you approach your assignment as something new and exciting, then you will enjoy it. If you seek out reasons to not like your new assignment, then you will be miserable.

I truly believe the people make the base. My only bad assignment was at Hurlburt Field, located in Ft Walton Beach -- the people I worked for there sucked so bad, they threaten to empty the vacuum of Space. My favorite assignment was at Kunsan, Korea. It was a remote assignment, and none of us had families. We became very close to our co-workers there, because we had no one else.

hey guys thanks for the reply. Yea im interested in joining that ST thing. I have a 2003 sport trac that im hooking up. I have 22 inch rims on it, and have painted the tail lights and third brake light black..i have a custom flowmaster dual exhaust right now but i am replacing with with Flowmaster 50....

I wont be at Mcquire until abotu june...i leave Ramstein Germany in March to go to Lackland AFB, TX for K9 school then go to Mcquire..

How are the custom shops in jersey?

whats the tinting laws?

Alan,

I have a friend in K-9 who used to be/is at McGuire. His name is Eric Brown. If he is still there, ask him to drop me a line at the e-mail in my profile. We lost touch with each other after I left Korea. Enjoy McGuire!

Depending on your taste in women....

The clubbing pics in the Photo Gallery are either great or funny, depending.

I was born about 400 miles too far west.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i will for sure tell him to drop you a line

ne one know if ic an get a way with tinting my front two windows?

how are the custom shops in jersey

i have pics of my trac from over a month ago on my profile..

i dont know how to get em up on here...i havent updated the pics yet

Hi Alan,

McGuire's not all that bad. Of course, as a Reservist, I never had to spend more than two weeks at a time there. :lol:

Best of luck!

Alan,

Mcguire isnt a bad base at all from what friends of

mine that were in the service told me.

had a few friends that were mechanics on the KC10s

and they never complained also had a friend at work

who's husband was career and she lived in base housing

she said it could have been better but that she had been in

worse whatever that means.

NJ tinting laws depends, will you be registering in NJ?

if so then nothing on side front windows and 6" from top

on the windshield.

rear side windows and back window can go as black as you want

so long as you have side view mirrors

if you maintain out of state then the law wouldnt apply,

since we have a 2 year inspection now a lot of people

will tint the side fronts then remove it after they fail state

inspection with that though you run the risk of being pulled over

and ticketed although most officers wont break your stones

you will get some TWPs that look for any reason to nail you

especially down at the shore communities during the summer

time.