Anyone in Phoenix willing to help do brake job?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been reading all the posts stating that doing a brake job is not very difficult.

Well, as I have never done a brake job I was hoping someone in area could help me out.

I intend on replacing the rotors and pads.

Thanks,

Freddy

Unless you've damaged the rotors, I would not replace them. Too expensive and unnecessary. If they are damaged, you could get them resurfaced provided they are not worn down too much. Either way, it’s still a good idea to get them resurfaced. Helps prevent chattering, squeaking ect.

If you had a manual, you could do it your self as a first timer. Not tough at all with disks.

Well,

I had the brake pads replaced at 36k and the brake shop mentioned that the next time I change the pads to replace the rotors also.

They might just be wanting more money out of me but I thought I would change them as there is a really big lip from where the pad touches the rotor and where it doesn't.

I have a 2wd.

GM, just like you said just a little bit closer.

About doing it myself, the most I've worked on my vehicles is the usual spark plugs, oil and the such.

I just don't trust myself enough to do it by myself.

Thanks for the info guys.

Latest posts