Anyone know where I can find new parts other than Ford??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Auer

Reaction score
I am trying to locate a instrument gauge cluster for an 04 Sport Trac. Ford says they are on back order, I can find new Explorer gauges on ebay, but only used ST ones, and my cluster is on the fritz. Causes the gas gauge to sometimes work, and the Seat Belt chime to randomly go off whether the seatbelt is on or not. Ford mechanic traced these issue to the cluster, but he said he can not get it for a while, and it is driving me crazy....

I posted in the swap and sell looking for one, but no hits yet...

Thanks in advance

Do a search. I have seen a company that does, repaired exchanges for any car.

One of those links I didnt save.

Thanks, looks like FastPartsNetwork might have it.

Believe me, I have searched. I also own a 82 Fiat X1/9 that I have to search for parts and it can be easier to find parts for it than it is to find the instrument cluster for the ST. I have googled, binged, and yahooed till my fingers bleed. I have checked with 13 Ford dealerships in 3 states. I can find a number of Explorer clusters that are "supposed to fit, but do not have the white gauges, I can find a number of clusters still in the vehicle, at pull a parts in the lower 48 (being in Alaska can be a pain sometimes), and I found one for sale in Florida and they will not ship to Alaska or Hawaii..... So trust, me, before I posted here, I searched.

I just had mine replaced not three months ago. Dealer said it would take a week to get in. I got a call that afternoon from my service adviser that they would be getting it next day. Now mind you I'm in Canada but I don't think that would have made a difference.

Thanks for the info Kegger. If I was in the "lower 48" it would probably be similar. But being in Alaska, they work us over a lot. Oh, that part will be shipped up on a barge with the next delivery of vehicles, or, kill us with shipping calling it international because it has to go through Canada or fly over international waters. Stupid thing is, it costs no more to mail or UPS something from Seattle or LA to Alaska than it does to ship from Detroit to anywhere in the Continental US....So, backordered from Ford might just mean, yeah, I will get around to it when I feel like it..... But I hope it moves as quick as yours did...

I love these guys. They have quite a bit of stuff that will probably fit the fist generation trac, but not much for the second generation (yet):

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts