Anyone put vents in front fender?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
Has anyone put the vents like the new 07 Escalade has in the front fender? I think some of the concept ST's have them. I like the look and am trying to come up with an idea to do it.

Thanks,

Peter

maybe get a set of vents from a supercharged range rover. the ones that kinda look like a triangle, not sure how'd it look being all square and truck all rounded. but might work

JK, that mean, u about to do a front conversion?!? im planning to do this to my 95 ranger sometime this year to the rover front

Not really "about to" but it will be done. I've got the headlights for it now. Been trying to buy it part by part.. Mucho $$$$.

"Fit" is a tricky word. Will it "fit"? Of course it will, but the amount of work involved may be too much for some people. Anything will "fit", given enough time, effort, and/or money.

There's a white Adrenalin running around my area that has vents both in the front and rear fender areas. It has a STEEDA decal across the windshield and various other custom touches, so I'm not sure if the vents serve a purpose, but probably not. I think it looked pretty cool though. If I see it again I'll try to get a picture of it.

The '07 or maybe '08 ST's with the V8 have the side vents in them. There is a whole bunch at a dealer by me. I am thinking about putting them in my '02.

i had bought the ones off ebay for the land rover and i looked at them and considered putting them in but it would take a whole lot a fabrication to get them in place. maybe i will try htis in the spring.

paul h

The 3D Carbon brand is used for Mustangs and F-150's. They are around $150 or so. They are pretty cool. I have a write up from a magazine where they tricked out a new F150 with lowering, wheels, body kit, etc. It is easy to do. Just have to have the guts to cut a hole in the fender to install. It would look sweet! I considered doing this when I first got mine, but didn't look further. Now I did. If I feel to spend some cahs at some point, I will do it. We need to be sure they will fit properly though and have the correct contours to the fender similar to the F150. -DD ST

I just looked at the 3D Carbon site.. A $150 for what appears to be stick on fender vents seems way over priced.

LOOK AT MY ST. I FOUND THESE ON EBAY FOR 16.00 They went right on and I like them and mony others like them as well. Thyey actuall look like the new DODGE. I had these on for 2 years.

Ok,Ok you all peaked my interest on the vents in the fender.:D:D:D

I ordered a set from ebay.....look similar to the ones sean sean have.

Im thinking of making them functional....but i will have to put some kind of

filter behind to keep rain and dirt out....Any suggestions?

Im not going to make a ram air just a vent in the fender, mostly cosmetic

dont know or think if it wiil increase any more air .

Paul H

paul h, how about using some of the filter wrap (can't remember the actual name of it) that the site sponsor sells? It's waterproof, and doesn't restrict airflow. Could line the inside of the vent with something like that.;)

Stone, Reminder work ???

You can simply use an air filter rap from any racing shop and just clip it on....

Remember the Air from the cold air is drawn in from the opening in the door and front of the truck, these may help, but will be more for looks...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah i guess the outwear filter would work on the filter and i dont have to worry about

putting any filter behind the vents.

We shall see.

Paul H