Anyone Supercharge there sport trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaac veron

Reaction score
Im looking to trade in my 02 3.0L ranger edge in for a sport trac. Im interested in getting as much power out of it as possible.

Does anyone have the supercharger kit from Explorer Express? If so what mods do u have done and if u have number please post them.

Thanks

NoLIMITS

I don't know about the supercharger but i wanna know as well. As for the trade in. I DEFINATELY recommend that you get the sport trac over the ranger. its a lot more convenient and looks better.

There are 2 semi-active members with s/c tracs.... Both Love it....

One posted about 255 or so RWHP .....

One member tried to go the extra mile and add a smaller pulley and extra air and wound up almost blowing the thing up.

It is a great kit and when tuned properly will give you great reliability and power...

I know if 3 St owners that on all motor are 208-210 RWHP on the dyno...

Todd Z

Even a stock Sport Trac will blow away a 3.0 Ranger. I know, I used to have one.

I called it the 3.sl0w.:lol:

Biggest change for me was that the ST seats are sooooooo much better.

thanks im thinking about going that route. I kinda like my seats in my ranger. I drove my brother 96 4wd ranger once and fell in love with them at that point. I guess the sport trac is ford answer to the full 4dr ranger that doesnt exist.

are any of you guys on fortruckworld.com if not its a great site as well.

Yeah, Bold moves happen every day in other countries. I think the main reason was to foster the success of the (more expensive) Sport Trac. Ford didn't want to cut into the ST sales in the US market.

I think the main reason was to foster the success of the (more expensive) Sport Trac. Ford didn't want to cut into the ST sales in the US market.

It was probably to combat (gain a market share sounds better) the Japanese trucks. Toy, Datsun, etc, have had four door trucks in Asia and Europe since the 70s.

About the same time as the last Ranger redesign. ;)