AQUARIUM DRIVERS DOOR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana Lynds

Reaction score
Hello Members, Still driving the 2003 2wd 108,000 miles and no sun-roof Sport Trac. All windows have the sun visor to repel the water away from the
top of the windows. My question is how in the world is all this water getting in there? I reside in North Carolina and when it rains it rains. Truck runs
like a dream and only work I've had done was oil change, brakes, stabilizer control link disc rotors, new tires and air compressor. OH, Master Window
Switch, which is why this request for answers. The truck hadn't seen much action the past few years due to a couple of back surgeries. There is some
rust up in the channels on the roof which I have sanded and Primed. Removed Roof Racks to do that area too! Thanks In Advance.... The Right Place
To Get Right Answers All The Time!

I just had the rear glass replaced and the technician told me that it was probably the third brake light mounted on the roof that was leaking. I ordered the gasket to seal it back up. Have not received it yet but I’ve read on some other forums that that usually fixes it.

Rust in the 3rd brake light area and it is also a known issue on the F150’s of the era. The best way to check is to remove the interior in that area and do a rain test with a garden hose.

Last edited:

Latest posts