Attn: Woppy V

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Johnson 2

Reaction score
Some one posted in another that the dealer claimed your cold air intake was to blame for tranny trouble. I have a cold air intake and the instructions said nothing about oiling the filter so i did not. Now 2 months later i am noticing major tranny slippage what was the outcome on your situation.

Michael, Here is your answer.

-------------------------------------

re: Tranny Finally Fixed!?! by Woppy V,6/17/2008 05:28 PT

BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!!

DONE! DONE! DONE!

FINISHED! FINISHED! FINISHED!

AND OHHHH HELL YES!

The road to finally getting here is SUPER LONG and I can't type it right now because it would be like rewriting the bible + I have a meeting in 10... but long story short...

My tranny was bad, my MAF sensor was coated in K&N oil, Ford had me in a funky position that if I informed them of some info I would void my warrantys, an old tune from the early beginnings was brought back out of retirement, and my K&N FIPK was returned to working status. SHE RUNS LIKE THE EVIL MOTHER SHE WAS 6 MONTHS AGO!

Message was edited by Woppy V on 6/17/2008 at 05:29 PT

yeah... there is a ton of me whining on here...

My MAF Senor going bad was the main culprit in the slippage. Additionally required was getting an old tune back in the girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael,

Yes, you can clean your MAFS. You need a torx wrench and a spray can of CRC Electrical cleaner. Take off the MAFS and spray the two little wires, let dry and reinstall. What ever you do DO NOT touch those two little wires inside the MAFS as they will break which will cause you to buy a new MAFS.

it's tied into the tranny because it reads the amount of air being sucked in and sends the info to the Tracs computer. If the sensor is coated in oil or broken it is going to send the wrong air amounts and throw off the computer which controls your shifting preassure and times... not to mention a thousand other things... In my case the sensor was reading 4,000 feet above sea level ALL the time and i live at the frekkin sea level. Because of compensation it was throwing everything outa whack. I'm actually curious to see how my MPG does now also...

But a tranny slip can be a ton of things! i think i went thru all of them 3-4 times. ugh

you can clean it... but it doesn't always solve the problem. but when you clean it i would suggestion take the entire MAF off. leaving the sensor in the MAF and spraying it outside of the trac. by removing the MAF sensor from the MAF you can in fact touch the wires and ruin the sensor. not to mention that if you take it to ford and the painted threads have been tampered with they'll raise hell (this I didn't know till recently....)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts