Audiophyle question?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Could someone who has the 6 disc Audiophyle system in their 07 check to see if there is an LED under the ON/OFF Volume control knob? Mine doesn't have one and it seems odd to me. Every other function has an LED and it is difficult to find the knob after dark. Not a huge deal since I also have the redundant audio controls on the steering wheel but if this is a defect I want it corrected. Thanks.

Roger, If you do not have an answer by this evening I will look at mine for you. I think the sun is to bright to see it during the day. (especially here in the sunny south :cool:)

No LED under mine. Everything else is lit up.

Does anyone know if the IPOD input jack can be added to my radio? I have the '07 Audiophile Job 1.

Also, does anyone's '07 have an illuminated power mirror switch?

Mine is just like yours. Or your is just like mine, no light for the on/off /vol control.

I love my ST but there are a few quirky things. After 3 months I still have to think about where the inside door release handle is. The speedometer is not as easy to read as some others. Mine has both door grab handles which is nice, I find myself using the low/forward handle quite a bit. Especially if the door is open and my seatbelt is buckled. The Transmission shifted a little harsh when brand new but at 2500 miles it is much smoother. It is odd that the exterior temp only shows when you push a button on the AC when there is a place on the display to the right of the compass indicator for it.

All in all very minor things that I will get used to. It is my first ST. I have driven Ford pickups since they were F-100s. Overall I am very pleased with the Sport Trac. It pulls by boat as well or better than my f-150. The old truck has the tough old 300 in-line 6. My son loves it. After 112,000 miles and 12 years, it is still a dependable ride.

Thanks guys. I'm dropping it off Monday evening to have the skid plates installed. I was going to have them look at the stereo but I won't bother now. :(

re: Audiophyle question? by brian,2/4/2007 12:37 CT

The IPOD / MP3 player jack is on the console beside the 12V outlet. RTFM

There isn't any jack on my console. I have the Audiophile 6-disk radio with subwoofer. It even has an unused "AUX" button on it.

I'd love to add XM radio to it, but don't see any real easy way to do it well.

I also have an audiophile, 6 disk in dash changer with the sub that plays MP3's. There is a small jack on the center console about 4 inches to the left of the 12 volt outlet. It runs by selecting AUX on the main unit or pushing the Media button on the steeering wheel. Works great by the way.:)

re: Audiophyle question? by brian,2/5/2007 18:48 CT

I also have an audiophile, 6 disk in dash changer with the sub that plays MP3's. There is a small jack on the center console about 4 inches to the left of the 12 volt outlet. It runs by selecting AUX on the main unit or pushing the Media button on the steeering wheel. Works great by the way.

I wonder if we have the same radios and if mine can have the jack added?