aug 29 harvey update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
All is well at my house still. My street is running the water off quikly. Still have elec. If that go's down. I have a generator wired to my house. Set it up before hurricane Ike in '08. 2 years ago I installed a natural gas kit. no more chasing gasoline. It will power most of the house, but not AC. I have been intending to upgrade generator size. This fall when things get caught up, I will upgrade.

Im still concerned about all the flood waters that will be running downhill. The storm is in the gulf. Tomorrow will head NE to land. We will be on the drier side, getting 30 to 40 mph winds. It is going to pull dry air from west texas. It is almost over, unless it does something crazy. This is the slowest moving storm we have had. I have lived on the SE corner of houston, in Pasadena since I was 5. Im 67 now.

Thanks for your prayers and recovery volunteers, that have come from some of your States. We have had private citizens' bring there boats from, as far away as NY.

That's good news. With dryer air and wind that will help in evaporation. What a mess for so many people.

When we built our home in 2001, I installed a secondary wire system. I can plug in my generator and re-plug the refrigerators and have a few other active outlets. It's only a 5K watt generator, but it allows us to run the frigs, cook, watch tv and have a few minor lights. No A/C, but we can still shower and even run the clothes washer if necessary. Stay safe.

Good, Glad your safe !!!

Todd Z

This is great news, I was very happy to read this post. My heart breaks watching all the news feeds, so much destruction. I wish I could do more/lived closer (Philadelphia). I wish I was close enough to put my bass boat into the help efforts. Watching the video of all those smaller fishing boats on the side of the highway made me beam with pride as an American.

Take care and stay safe - CHRIS CAS

Latest posts