Aug 30 storm update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
HooRa! the sun is out in my town. Pasadena appears mostly dry.

Sadness is those north east and west houston still flooded out.

Soo many will have houses, that are junk. Others will have long term rebuild.

Soo many displaced into shelters for, long term.

I hope the Texas legislature steps in with some rules. There has been a problem in this state of allowing building in our natural water sheds. Too much pavement and housing in low areas. Thinking that earthen resevoirs will take care of storms. Army Corp of engineers have warned for years. I not only place blame on the storm. Also on our legislators for allowing construction with no rules.

Glad you are good. And you're totally correct...the housing and frankly all construction should be well above existing grade since everything is so flat.

There is a new home being built two streets over from me. The entire roof sheeting is that crappy flake board, not plywood. Building codes totally suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are fine on the north side of Houston in Spring. I even made it to work on Tuesday and ever since. We have neighbors that weren't so lucky, though. One with 6 feet of water in the house and one with 7 feet. One street is almost solid with cast off appliances, sheetrock, furniture, and carpet. Monday was bad.

dreman,

Glad you made it ok....also

sad for your nieghbors. I found out we had a tornado, in my hood. It trew something through my niegbors car back glass. I never heard it....No damage to me.

Glad all is ok.

Todd Z

Latest posts