Auto Union Looks to Recover Concessions From Ford During Contract Talks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I expect that the hourly workforce can perform basic math and realize that 12 million dollars distributed evenly to all of Ford's huge "common man" workforce is chump change. Last I heard Ford's hourly workforce was about 38,000 men in the USA.

12,000,000 / 38,000 = 315.79 (rounded) dollars.

This scenerio did not happen at Ford. It happened at Goodyear. the bonus was not given out after the company recovered, but after the workforce took concessions.

IMO, this is wrong. You asked me to accept lower pay, then you should do the same. You ask me to give up benifits. then you must give them up too.

Rewarding a CEO for being a fibber with a boune os 4 million dollars is a smack in the face to the workers that gave it up.

Tom

KL said:
What kind of idiots run this union? If the union destroys Ford, then won't they ALL be jobless?

That doesn't matter. What matters is that the union sure showed Ford, boy....

I live near Pittsburgh where 250,000 good-paying union steelworker jobs evaporated in the 80's and our population is 1/3 less than it was in 1980. But they showed the steel companies that they weren't going to take less money and cutbacks, and damn proud of it too, while they're collecting shopping carts at the grocery store for minimum wage.

Latest posts