Autohopper.com or TheBigLot.com?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Woodson

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of or used Longwood Industries? They say they have several websites including the two listed. They charge $89.99 to list the vehicle, but if you don't sell it for what you are asking in 90 days, you get $79.99 back.

I've never heard of them, I looked at the websites, they don't look to be very good IMHO. The search feature isn't very good. Just wondered if these websites were more popular in other areas of the country?

I've been using the web since 1994, and I've never heard of these sites so I'm not likely to use them, I figure if I haven't heard of them, most people haven't. I tried Google, etc. for used cars, they didn't seem to be coming up in the search.

Use AutoTrader.com...For $44 they put photos and info online and in a local magazine.

Ad will run til it sells. Used it a couple of years ago, sold the car in 5 days..:D

My boyfriend attempted to sell his '00 Expedition through Autotrader. It ran for two months - had several calls, some people said they'd stop out, but never did.

I put his truck on eBay, got several emails from people who wanted to look at it. We made arrangements with one of the people to look at it. He ended up buying it for the agreed price, we ended the auction early, and it cost a total $40 to list it. Funny, because the person who bought it said he saw it in Autotrader, but didn't call. We had alot of pictures in the eBay ad - which is something that you don't get with Autotrader.

If you let the auction run and complete, it costs $40 more - for a total of $80.

It's been on Autotrader for about 2 weeks. They kind of irritated me as well, I placed the Ad on a Tuesday, they didn't put it on the web until the following Friday. I had called ahead of time to ask about that, got the Vmail, they didn't return the call. It was the combo deal with the local paper.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like anyone else has heard of these 2 sites either. I considered eBay, but they seem to be cheap buyers, expecting everything at wholesale. I think I would have trouble getting more than $16,500 there. I'd like closer to $18,500 I have to pay off the ST and then have cash left to buy something else, I'm trying to avoid another auto payment.

Glad to know about the eBay costs though. I couldn't really find their pricing. I started to post it, then they wanted a credit card and my checking account, I said forget it at that point.

Thanks,

Latest posts