automatic door lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Question...my doors used to lock when I went from park to drive. I just noticed today that it didn't do it when I left work or when I went to go pick up my wife. Is there a fuse I should check? I was messing around with the headlights the other day and may have either blown it or moved it lol. I looked in the owners manual and think it could be either 22 or 39. But it's to late now for me to mess with it tonight. Am I looking in the right place.... or is there some key turn method to turn that function on and off. Thanks guys!

Another thing might be the battery. Mine did all sorts of strange things with the door locks when the battery was bad.

I've also noticed that my OD on off isn't working....The battery is new in September of last year So i doubt that's the issue.

It may not be the battery. If you dont find a fuse blown, I would get it checked though. I once had a battery go bad in 8 months.

Autolock (Pages 85-86)

Thanks swshawaii. I followed step by step and it seems to not be working. It's only honking the horn once indicating that it is disabled. I read that it must be done twice to reactivate which I have tried a couple times With no luck. I'm going to try again when I get the code for the door Keypad and try doing it that way to see if that makes a difference.

Do your reverse lights still work? I noticed my locks weren't locking automatically anymore and neither were my reverse lights. Found out they are on the same fuse and for some reason, the fuse keeps blowing.

Manny do you by chance know what fuse it is? I've looked for one but didn't notice any blown.

Latest posts