Autozone sold me wrong battery??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I had a mechanic friend call AutoZone and get me a a battery at his cost (about $72 out the door). I have an '04 SportTrac, stock battery finally dieing, but not dead. So I picked it up and noticed it's a Duralast 65B (not a Duralast Gold). On AutoBatteries.com the selector gives me two Duralast options, neither of which are the 65B (they list 65-DL with 750 CCA, 65-DLG with 875 CCA). Did I get the wrong battery? Is it a good one? It lists 850 CCA. I can't find anything on the internet about it.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Group" is 65, correct. The suffix letters obviously designate the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) for their line of batteries. All of the ones you listed are fine. Most say the higher the CCA the better but the higher CCA models will have lower "Reserve", the length of time the battery holds it's charge during use. You're okay with what you have.

A grp 65 is the right one....

A 56 or 58 ( don't remember) is also a good fit, but smaller in width and less CCA...

Many of the older fords with the (56 or 58) and a larger batt tray could be upgraded to the 65 with no issues...

Todd Z

I've had a 65-DL Duralast battery from Autozone in my 2001 ST since 10-15-07 w/7 yr warranty & 2 yr. free replacement warranty, it was $59.99 back then.

I just wondering, Gavin. They're selling those batteries pretty much at a loss. However, they do have a 100 month warranty with 3 years free replacement.

2 yrs ago,I gave $80 before tax for my AZ, 65DLG. 3yr replacment and I think 8yr warranty.

I cant find any info on the 65B. I suspect it is one of the value standard batteries. Not the Duralast line. Noted with a DL or DLG.

Latest posts