B&M Tranny cooler with fan installed...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
With everyone hanging out today, we ( the Zabteck Crew ) and Sal A worked on trucks today.

Will post that in another post..

We installed my B&M tranny cooler with the electric fan.

I left my factory cooler in the system and piggy backed it with this one..

IT was easy to mount because the 2 bolts on the side of the rad support lined up with the mounting bolts and only 1 small bracket was needed..

We drove the truck for a good 1/2 hour and it never came on...

The tranny ran cool enough for it not to come on under normal conditions, so it will be a safety feature....

IT also fit under the tool tray...

Here are some pics, More are in the tranny cooler folder in my Library..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

What was the cost of the cooler and what all came with it? Also, did you have to custom make the one bracket you mentioned?

I have been thinking about putting a supplemental tranny cooler on because whenever the outside temp starts to get real warm, I start having trouble with the tranny failing to down shift into first gear. It was really bad a week ago when I spent a week in the desert at LaQuinta (Palm Springs area).

Any chance you will be writing up a project on the install?

Thanks.

Bob, IT was something I bought about 3 years a go for my 75 mustang and never used...

Ebay has them for just under 100 shipped when i looked last...

The bracket was a 4 inch long by 1/2 inch wide straight piece of metal with 2 holes in it... Really simple !!!!!

I am not going to do a project, sorry, But it was simple and I can gladly give you more info over the phone if you like...

ALSO you do not need the fan option, I just got it beceause it looks cool...LOL....

you can get the zip tie on B&M coolers ( 10,000 - 15,000 GVW) that simply zip tie on to the ac condenser and will work off the engines fan..

Now I am going to add a NON fan cooler to Rachel's 04 Adren...

Todd Z

Say Todd,

Where and how did you tap into the transmission cooling line to connect the new cooler?

I have one on order and want to prepare. :rolleyes::huh:

Thanks,

Uncle_Bob