B&M trick shift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used it in an old Impala I had with a 350 turbo race built tranny. Made a difference when I rebuilt the tranny and filled it with nothing but the Trick Shift fluid, but on ours I'd be hesitant. I don't think our finicky trannys would be to happy with it. I like it though because it's blue, lol.:p

It's supposed to give firmer shifts but I don't know if it's Mercon V compatible.

That is the kicker. If it isn't Mercon V compatable, you are going to ruin your Tranny.

Tom

From b&m's site

Trick Shift ATF

Pour in performance for all pre-'93 automatic transmissions.

Do not use the regular in the ST...

They DO have a synthetic,, ( Read down)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Synthetic Fluid Technology

Excellent companion sale for all B&M transmission Kits

Mixes with other types of Automatic Transmission Fluids

Formulated for late model vehicles

Suitable for Racing, Street Performance,

Towing and Off-Road

Cool Blue Color

Easy pour quart bottles

Meets or exceeds Mercon or Dexron III requirements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B&M’s Synthetic Trick Shift is formulated as a performance automatic transmission fluid. B&M’s Synthetic Trick Shift features the latest synthetic fluid technology suitable for most late model automatic transmissions as well as many manual transmissions. Not an additive, this safe and effective formula of extreme pressure agents, foam inhibitors and exceptional thermal stability will provide a long service life for your transmission. Ideal for street use and high performance applications including racing, off-road, towing and heavy- duty fleet use. Synthetic Trick Shift may be mixed with all other types of ATF but works best by itself. When using B&M Synthetic Trick Shift you can literally ‘Pour In Performance’. Meets or exceeds Mercon or Dexron III requirements. Not recommended for automatic transmissions manufactured after 2000. Synthetic Trick Shift is not intended for use in CVTs. May be used in manual transmissions requiring automatic transmission fluid as lubricant.

Mercon is a trademark of Ford Motor Company.

Dexron III is a trademark of General Motors Corp.

Todd Z

Mercon III and Mercon V is not compatable. If it doesn't say Mercon V, don't use it.

Tom

Latest posts