back glass

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was rolling down my back glass last week and as I did I lloked in the mirror.It came down past the vent location and then stopped. I rolled it back up and tried again and then it wouldn't roll down at all.I chacked the fuse and it's O.K.Anybody have the same experience?Also ,anybody have trouble with the back window electric reulators not holding up?

A good majority of us do, from what I understand. I even believe there is a project on the

site on how to replace it, and where to get the parts from.You are not alone...:)

tracnblack,

I wouldn't say a majority of us do. I think I've only read of 2, maybe 3 people with problems with their back glass.

Jeff C, I stand corrected!

I'm glad, too, because I love my sliding rear window (PDBL as they now call it), and I

plan on keeping my 'Trac for at least 100,000 miles, hopefully.

The only problem I have is the driver side hangs down just a little lower. Is this common.

Blackhat, do you mean the whole truck hangs lower on the driver's side? If so, yes, it is common, and it is usually referred to as the "Ranger's Lean" seeing as how parts of the ST are based on the Ranger. Since there is ALWAYS a driver when the ST is being driven, that side of the vehicle is under added, if minimal stress; over time the truck can develop a slight tilt, but it is easily fixed. You can measure the height from the top of the wheels to the fender, and adjust using your torsion bolts. Just make sure you are on level ground.

I had a similar problem with mine.

I had it open one day and when I tried to close it, it would stop around the vent position and then re-open all the way. It was acting like it was hitting something and would not close completely.

I had to reset the power on the motor (just unplug the harness connector) and then run the synchronize sequence and now it's back to normal. I'm pretty sure I found the synchronize instructions using the search feature of the forum archive, let me know if you can't find it and I'll dig out my printed copy.

HTH