Back In The Saddle!!! (of a Mustang)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Well, I've been posting on here for a while about wanting to get a Mustang again. I've owned five over the course of my life so far (two '67 coupes, '69 Mach 1, '78 Mustang II, and an '86 GT). I've always loved 'em, and have wanted another ever since getting rid of the '86 GT. So my wife (Allyssa) and I had been talking about getting an older one for a project car, and I actually went and looked at a couple cheap mid-'90's models last week. Allyssa even joked about wanting to paint the project Mustang pink, 'cause it's her favorite color. That would've been fine with me, 'cause once I was done, it'd be one bada$$ pink 'Stang!

Then Allyssa and I were talking about it again on Friday, and we decided that we didn't really need a third car. We have a two-car garage, and that would mean that either her '08 Taurus or my Trac would sit out, and neither of us wanted that, especially in winter. Plus, we didn't want to have to dip into savings to buy a car, and didn't like the prospect of insurance on four vehicles (including our RV).

Soooo..... my lovely wife says, "If we can find a used S197 Mustang 'vert for a decent price, let's just trade my Taurus for one. That way, you still have your Sport Trac to play with/show, and we'll have a Mustang too." Man, I love this woman!!!:wub::cool::banana:

So, I'm sitting at the 'puter on Saturday afternoon looking for 'Stangs, and find one that I have to show her immediately:

A 2008 V6 silver convertible with the "Warriors In Pink" package. It's a package that Ford offered as part of their "Warriors In Pink" campaign to raise funding/awareness for breast cancer research. And it only has 482 miles on it!.

Available on the Mustang V-6 Premium Coupe and Convertible models (in an extremely limited run of an estimated 2,500 units), the Warriors in Pink package includes a unique grille and will add a pink ribbon and pony fender badge, pink Mustang rocker tape striping, charcoal leather seats with pink stitching, aluminum-spoke steering wheel with pink stitching and charcoal floor mats with pink ribbon and contrast stitching.

I knew about this package, but had never seen one on the street before now. Allyssa of course, thinks it's really cool, especially with the pink package, and I like it too. It's already different than the average Mustang, and there aren't very many of them. However, it was at a dealer 2.5 hours away, and it was 1500 on a Saturday afternoon. So I call the dealer to see if it's still there, and it was. But the dealer was only open 'til 1800. Said thanks, and we'd be up next Saturday to look at it.

After hanging up, we talked about it, and I finally said, what the hell, I'm going up there. If they're closed, at least I can see it in person and get some more pics and then come back next week. So I get on the road and call the dealer to tell them I'm coming. A salesman calls me a few times along the way, and says they'll be there when I arrive, as they're still working a few other deals. So I arrive at about 1820. The car's beautiful, and we start working numbers. Got $1000 over payoff on the Taurus, and $1000 off their asking price on the 'Stang, so our payment went up by a whopping $2.

So here she is: A 2008 Warriors In Pink edition Mustang Convertible. Probably not doing too many mods the the exterior. Maybe chromed Bullitt-style rims instead of the painted ones. Other interior/performance mods are already spinning around in my head, though!:banana: I think it'd be cool for this to be a pink "sleeper". Already planning for her first show on 22 August. What do y'all think?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Edit: Forgot to mention, that this car also has a bit of a personal, sentimental value for Allyssa. Her mom died in February of cancer. Not breast cancer, but cancer nevertheless. So she felt a connection to the car when she first saw it. Sort of a tribute/memorial to her mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow TrainTrac,

Gorgeous car. And you don't need to feel insecure driving around a car with pink accents. "They" say that pink is the new black ;)

Thanks for the compliments, all. I've no problem with it being pink. In fact, that's one of the things I like most about it, 'cause it sets it apart from the average Mustang on the street, and there's only 2,499 others out there. Probably even less silver convertibles.

And she's already received her first mod. It came with a pain in the a$$ locking gas cap that was hard for me to open, so I knew right away that Allyssa wouldn't like it. So yesterday I installed a Stant InStant Fill Gas Cap. Next up is probably a Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back exhaust, to give her a little more of a "rumble".

More mods to come...:banana:

TT, very nice stang. With some serious motor mods. The V6 will handle well and run. They will never see it coming when all they see is her tail lights.:cool:

Congrats !! good luck with it.....

I know a bunch of 4.0 Stang guys and forums if you need,

I also know where you can get some major upgrades for that 4.0..... LOL...

Cough Zabteck Cough...

Todd Z

LOL! Already thinking of you, Todd, when making out a mod list. A Zabteck TB, SD coil pack, and Livewires are already the list!:banana:

;););)Cough, Cough....

There is more.... :lol:

Such as...? Do you have some secret products that you don't advertise on on your website?

Besides, haven't you gotten enough of my money already?:p

Supersix.com got 450 horse at the rear wheels out of one! There's alot of potential there.

That is pretty cool looking! I have never seen one before.

Latest posts