Back-up Sensor volume

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladygray

Reaction score
Just had to have a couple back-up sensors on my 08 replaced after a minor accident, now the volume seems SO much quieter than before; I'm really concerned I won't hear it! Any idea what could've happened (shop owner didn't seem to know), or how I can increase the volume?

Not sure about that, my '01 doesn't have fancy backup beeper but my wife's '19 Murano does. It beeps through the radio speakers so if I want to adjust the volume I first must make it beep, get real close to something, and use the radio volume knob to adjust. Can't hurt to try.

Darn. Well, there a bunch of folks here and one of them will probably know. Can't believe I am saying this but... there is a Facebook (cringey shiver) group that I have heard is quite active. There is also a subreddit but it is not terribly active... r/SportTrac

The speaker is in the back I believe, Maybe something behind the seat moved and is covering it up ???

Back up speaker alert unit is attached to the rear wall on the passenger side of the vehicle. Some insulation may have come loose

The speaker is in the back I believe, Maybe something behind the seat moved and is covering it up ???
Pulled the seats forward & looked thoroughly. Found three tethers for a child's carseat (now that my grandson is out of them), but no speaker. Rats.
Thanks anyway!

Back up speaker alert unit is attached to the rear wall on the passenger side of the vehicle. Some insulation may have come loose
Pulled the seat forward & looked thoroughly. No indication of a speaker of any kind. Thanks for the idea though!

Sorry should of said you need to remove the interior panel attached to the lower back of the cab. Disconnect it from the passenger side, the small speaker like unit should be there. The panel is just held in place by metal clips, a quick tug should release the panel. Th unit is actually below the passenger side slide panel for the seat anchor point.

image.jpg

Sorry should of said you need to remove the interior panel attached to the lower back of the cab. Disconnect it from the passenger side, the small speaker like unit should be there. The panel is just held in place by metal clips, a quick tug should release the panel. Th unit is actually below the passenger side slide panel for the seat anchor point.

View attachment 3695
Interesting! I'll try that tomorrow! Is yours an 08 also? Thanks!!

Probably full of water...

Can't hurt to clean the connectors. Mayhaps corrosion has caused a voltage drop?

Latest posts