Back up sensors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Tallent

Reaction score
Has anyone installed back-up sensors on their ST. I have been looking at them on Ebay, but am not sure what I want. I like the wireless for the ease of installation, but I like the permanent also. What ones do you guys have, if any.

i have the four sensor system which you have to drill into the back bumper to install. got mine off ebay as well. one of the best features i have put on my track. i live in canada so the winters are pretty bad. really cold and lots of salt and they held up great. been about a year now and no problems.

sorry i can't remember the company name but if you send me the link from ebay i will know it when i see it.

patrick

I tried posting a link to a previous thread of mine regarding this subject but the link no workie. Find a topic titled "back-up sensors" made on 1/30/05. I haven't decided whether I will need them after all. I've gotten so used to backing up the Trac even with the limited rear view because of my A.R.E. tonneau.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have the 4 your drill into the bumper. had them for over a year now....no problems....when I installed the power pack...I put it up really high in the truck and wrapped it with electical tape. It works perfectly...although it reads in meters, not feet! It also has a beep that lets you know you are very close!

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the sensors Analog Diffused DC Photoeyes?

If so, I have about 40 spare of them around my office right now (come to think if it, I also have a few Ultrasonic range sensors as well that would work nicely).

Now if I could only use them to turn on a few HID lights on the back of my truck when someone tailgates me...

Latest posts