bad news...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
well.i bought the trac 2 years ago, have had no problems, no tickets, no accidents nothing. Well, my little brother decided to take advantage of me being away at school and decided to take the trac to high school for the day, show her off. i guess he ended up showing off a little too much and rear-ended another kid. i am besides myself with this information, i knwo the truck is not totaled and is being repaired already, but my brother has no idea what is comming to him...thanks for letting me vent...time to go try to get some out and go to the gym:angry:

I would suggest you cool off and think hard about it. Your Trac is getting fixed. It's not as easy to fix a broken relationship with family. People, particularly family, do stupid $h!t at times.

Ask him if he's okay after the accident, if he feels stupid enough now, and not to disrespect your belongings again. He probably feels like he got his ass kicked already, or that feeling before you get your ass kicked, which can be just as bad.

Oh, and I'm thinking he needs to man up, apologize directly to you, pay for the repairs, a full detailing, and new ("x") for the Trac. Be easy on X... speakers, seat covers, just a small reminder.

Mike, sorry to hear the news. That's really too bad, but I guess it could have been much worse. He could have got hurt or hurt someone else. I know I would be sick if my kid took my trac joy riding. I hope the repairs turn out well.

Gary D.

I was on vacation with my brother and sister-in-law. He had to go home 2 days before us to get back to work.

We get home and my side mirror is hanging on the side of my car and my motor cycle is not where I parked it. Both of these items were inside of my garage which was locked as well as the front door being locked.

He has a garage door open to our home as his wife cleans our house.

Sooo, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

He denied it, I bought a new mirror and replaced it. Well, we were at a Browns game and he had just enough beer to tell me the truth...

I can feel your pain, I knew it was him and was mostly disappointed that he lied to me/us...

I agree with Nobleman that vehicles are more easily fixed than family relations. By the way it sounds (the fact that repairs are already in the works) he feels pretty crummy about it. Let him feel crummy and even give him a good punch in the arm, but also let him know that your main concern is that he's okay, followed closely by the fact that your Trac can be fixed. He has hopefully l learned a valuable lesson. It just sucks that you the beneficiary of his lesson....

A lesson for the owner.....keep your keys in your possession at all times. I know it's sad when one has to lock things up to prevent family members from "borrowing" things. We have to do that in our house.

Mike,

Glad to hear everyone is alright and the Trac is getting fixed, I was rearened after about a month of getting my 04 got that fixed and 2 weeks later parked in my friends driveway his 18 yr old daughter backed up and scraped the drivers side from the front bumper to midway down on the drivers door wow that sucked...and that is why I have a 07 now:cool:

btw back hand the little shit in the teeth...:lol: just kidding forgiveness is the best policy hard but the best...

Mike did you get a body lift or susp? How big can u go w/o any rubbing?

Bill

Yes, you should embrace him, tell him how much you love him, tell him your just glad he's okay and that your Trac means nothing compared to him.

But I would kick his ass. :rolleyes:

My brother wrecked a car of mine back in the '70s..He felt so bad, I couldnt take it out on him. He repaired it out of his pocket at my choice of shops and made shure I was happy. Thats a good brother...:D

haha had some fun reading some of your posts, Gavin...wouldnt go there with your sister... Fast Eddie, im in the same position you were in, he is really bumed out and it is comming out of his pocket, i shook his hand and let it go, after all its reparable. Gary, going shooting this sunday??? i think i am going to go

I had a similar situation when years back when I left my ranger 'home alone.'

I parked it near the end of the driveway, where I thought it would be out of the way. Instead though, it was a magnet to my brothers F-150 with custom steel welded rear bumper! He was backing out, forgot it was there, and totally side-swiped it. Ripped off the mirror, and tore a hole through the sheetmetal on the door from the mirror to the door handle.

:eek:

Luckily, he got it repaired before I got home.

Hey Mike, most likely will go shooting Sunday. I can't stay that long as I am re-doing the railing on my deck. Idiot builder never put any corner posts etc., and it was almost 4 feet high!

Gary

Latest posts