Bad Shaking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
Well yet again another problem. Today out of no where when I started my Trac I got this real bad shaking. I had drivin the truck about 2 hrs before and it was fine. The best way I can describe the shake is that it feels how it does when youre going about 70 on the highway and come to a stop with your tires unaligned, and if your rotors were a little warped. Almost like a shutter. Now im not sure why it just started happening but recently my idle as been real low. I havent touched it and when im at a red light or stopped where my idle is usually right at 500rpm its almost down to nothing but the truck doesnt feel or sound different. I cleaned my IAC valve and that didnt do anything. Im about due for a spark plug change. I also need to change the oil and replace my airaid filter. Could any of those things cause this? Maybe my IAC is bad?? Motor mount maybe?? Thanks in advanced for yalls help!!

Brock,

I would check the common vacuum elbow first.....

Could be fuel filter related or a bad spark plug or wire....

The idle could be time to clean the IAC....

Todd Z

Latest posts